The skin suffers in different ways and for different reasons. Especially the areas that are constantly waxing such as the pelvic area, the legs or the armpits. In this case, the legs are the most prone to folliculitis, so it will be crucial to protect them in the right way.
How to avoid folliculitis or remove pimples from the legs by waxing?
Folliculitis is a condition that occurs in the hairiest areas of the body. Especially on the legs and in the pubic area. And it is nothing more than the inflammation of the hair follicles of the skin.
It appears mainly due to the poor development and growth of hairs. They affect the skin when they start to grow back. To avoid folliculitis, it is necessary to carry out a rigorous care routine.
- After waxing, protect the skin with antiseptic lotions and moisturize it very well.
- Do not wear tight clothing or lace or silk underwear. It is recommended to use cotton underwear, which absorbs more moisture
- Trim the hairs instead of shaving them from the roots.
- Lean on other hair removal techniques such as laser hair removal.
- Implement the use of electric razors so that the hairs are not so close.
- Maintain proper hygiene before and after waxing.
- Avoid using shavers in poor condition, rusty and with a long time of use.
- Use neutral soaps, so that the pH of the skin remains intact and does not promote infections.
Following these tips, the appearance of folliculitis will be diminished. And on the other hand, the skin will visibly improve to a great extent.
How to hydrate my legs after waxing?
Despite being extremely common, hair removal has very visible skin consequences. Such as folliculitis, irritation, dryness, among others. Which is why it is very important to know how to soften the skin on your legs.
In order for the skin to be more protected and healthy, care should be taken before and after shaving. To avoid and prevent the appearance of infected hairs and other conditions.
Before waxing the legs
- Body scrub
Using scrubs is a great way to moisturize your legs without creams. You can help yourself with homemade scrubs, or products specialized in it. Before waxing, exfoliation will help remove dead skin from your legs and any residual dirt that can infect sensitive pores.
- Dampen the skin with hot water
The hot water will serve to soften the hairs as well as soften the skin on the legs and make them easier to remove.
After waxing the legs
- Rinse the skin with cold water
In this way the pores will be closed, and the skin will calm down more quickly. Preventing dirt from entering. To seal the skin, it is recommended to use moisturizing creams so that it remains nourished and does not dry out thanks to shaving.
Home remedies for dry legs and itchiness
Like the rest of the skin on the body, the legs are also dry and have conditions. After waxing, it is ideal to take care of the skin so that it does not dry out, and to achieve soft and smooth legs with home remedies.
- Coconut oil. One of the most recommended natural oils when hydrating the skin. It is very safe to use, and it moisturizes the skin in no time. You just have to apply it directly to the skin, massage for a few minutes and remove with warm water.
- Aloe Vera gel. Aloe vera is one of the most nourishing and hydrating substances for the body. Both in its external and internal use. Apply directly to clean skin a layer of aloe vera or aloe vera gel and massage into skin until absorbed. Then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Honey bee. Honey is ideal to be used as a balm, moisturizer, and exfoliator. Its high content of vitamins, minerals as well as antioxidants becomes essential for the skin. Massage the skin with a little honey and leave for 10 minutes. Then rinse with very cold water and you are good to go.